Name:
Location: Soon to be Gatesville, Texas, United States

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Summer-time


Yeah, school is now over for this year. This year we have a lot to do though. Preston has been offered two jobs and we are trying to decide which would be best for our family. I'm filling out applications in the same area to try and get a job. We will have to find somewhere to live next. We just have a lot to do right now.

As for school though, I told my students that if they achieved 98% or better pass rate on the TAKS test that I would dye my hair blond. Well, we got the restults a few weeks ago, and I had 100% pass the TAKS test. I was extremelly proud of all of my students. Needless to say, I am blond, and it still seems really strange. Graduation was last night, and it was exciting and a bit sad seeing my students from last year walking across the stage and getting their diplomas. It was difficult saying good-bye to my students, but I'm excited to be starting something new.

The kids are doing awesome. Chad played baseball this year, I will try to upload a pic of him. Breck decided that she did not want to play soft-ball this year, she did really well in track this year. She is excited to be going to high school next year. And Chad will be going to junior high, so we no longer have kids in elementary school. It seems very strange to say that. The kids are both growing up so quickly, it just seems the last two years they have grown up so much. It is a difficult adjustment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home